Playhouse / Storage Shed

$4000
1 Month

This is a playhouse I built for my grandkids .It is 12 ft wide 10 ft deep x 14 ft high . About 60 percent of it was made from recycled wood . During the winter months it is used for a storage shed . It has 22 exterior walls . 13 windows .
I began the building process by constructing the florr of the shed outside.It was winter time so I did most of the framing o the shed indoors. All of the walls and roof were built in sections.
Once I built the main frame, I took them outside and put everything together.
The shed has two layers of sheathing- the first layer is made from reclaimed 1/2 inch plywood strips that i got from shipping crates, and the second layer is called Hardie board. The reason I went with two layers is because the entire shed was built using (free) 2x2 spruce lumber which was discarded material from a sawmill.
All of the trim and windows are made from rough pine. I built all of the window frames and hen had my local lumber yard cut all the glass.
The roof was the most work , it has 12 hips and 12 valleys , That is a fair bit of work when it comes to shingling it .

It was a fun project to build and I know my grandkids love it !

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!

• Savfam
    Savfam

By any chance are cats the grandkids?
    • Cyn27563097
      Cyn27563097

Yeah, I wouldn't build something that nice and put a bunch of nasty animals in it!!!
  • Thorn
    Thorn

Did you build this from a plan or a kit...or just from your imagination and whimsy? The design is extraordinary.
    • Sandi
      Sandi

All your building projects are amazing. You are definitely gifted. And you look way too young to have 7 grandkids. If working with wood is your secret then I say "keep building away"! Can't wait for your next masterpiece!
  • Shojdik
    Shojdik

Absolutely Love this! did you design this totally from scratch? Fantastic:)