China Hutch Re-do

I loved the look of this hutch, but wanted to give it face lift. So I decided to paint a graphite under coat so when I would distress it, this great color would shine through. I used Annie Sloan graphite and Annie Sloan country grey as the main color. I waxed the whole piece with Annie Sloan wax.
Hutch complete
Before photo
Graphite under coat
Undercoat
Yummy detail showing through after distressing
More detail. I reused the hardware, but painted them oil rubbed bronze first then country grey over it and rubbed off most of it.

• Judy Parkey

Love it.

• Jac1820749

Can I do the same (Annie Sloan paint) with my dining room set (buffet/hutch and 6 chairs) if it's not real oak but a combination of oak and laminated oak) and if scratched, will the oak show ? I have a grand-daughter that is 18 months old and her toys often end-up on the dining table.

• Jill B

I tend to lean towards wood table tops for durability. .....BUT since yours is a mixture I would paint but seal with a polyacrylic or polyurethane. If your using a light color I would use water based polyacrylic as it is non- yellowing. Hope that helps!