Vintage Tart Tin Bottle Cap Coasters

$15
1 Day

When flipped upside-down, vintage fluted tart tins look awfully similar to bottle caps, just on a larger scale. So I decided to make a fun set of beer bottle-themed coasters using old tart tins! Click HERE for the full DIY tutorial and each how-to step.
Recognize these? They're vintage aluminum tart tins- some have removable bottoms and some are a solid one piece. Either way, they STRONGLY resemble bottle caps, don't they? And, depending on size, they're absolutely perfect to be repurposed as coasters.
To transform my tart tins into bottle cap coasters, I first gave them a spray paint makeover (to dull down the silver) and trimmed some plain cork rounds to fit inside each one.
Because these were a gift for my beer-loving husband, I personalized each cork round with a specialty rubber stamp! Be sure to check out my original blog post to find out how I sealed the ink without ruining the design!
Then, I used a strong adhesive to permanently attach the cork rounds inside each tart tin. (And if I was using two-part tart tins, I would have also permanently adhered the two pieces together)

And there they are- fun, decorative, and functional bottle cap coasters! Perfect for a gift, bar decor, or something to keep on your back patio or man cave! Happy crafting.

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Sadie Seasongoods

• DIana Willingham

Those are great, but Im a worrier so have to ask, are the edges sharp? I worry about cuts on the hands.

• Rosemary Richards

I was wondering would these scratch furniture? Maybe put a cork round on the bottom too.

• Sadie Seasongoods

I never had any issues with that, but you certainly could add cork or felt to the bottom. Happy Crafting!