Kelleysgirl
Kelleysgirl
  • Friendswood, TX

Wedding Bouquet DIY

$25

When I got married 10 years ago, I hadn't started blogging yet, so I didn't even think to do a tutorial on the bouquet I made myself for the wedding. But looking back on some pictures from my wedding day, I realized I should share what I learned by making my own bouquet. It was so easy! I don't have a step by step in pictures, but it's pretty simple and easy to figure out by looking at the photos.
wedding bouquet diy
My first step was to go to the store and find some flowers that I liked and went together. (I used HEB since they have a large floral section) I had a very small wedding without a color scheme, so I just picked a few things I thought would look good.
wedding bouquet diy
I gathered the flowers one at a time, so they were mixed together. I left probably 8-10 inch stems, and cut them all even.
wedding bouquet diy
This is probably the best picture I have of the process. I bought some ribbon I liked, and decorative straight pins from the wedding section at Hobby Lobby. I took some rubber bands and placed about three of them up the stems to hold them all together while I was wrapping them. I took a long section of ribbon and started in the middle of it at the bottom of the stems. I then began wrapping and twisting on the opposite side. Once I twisted it, I would secure with a straight pin. I tied it off at the top and secured. Then I wrapped another long piece around and made a simple bow, and added a string of pearls.
wedding bouquet diy
And that was it! If I were doing it today, I would make a larger more elaborate bow and add some trailing flowers possibly. But I love the way it came out, and it didn't cost very much, maybe $25.

I thought maybe it would inspire someone else to make their own bouquet if they had a wedding coming up.

• Flowers  (HEB)
  • Ribbon  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Straight pins  (Hobby Lobby)
Kelleysgirl

Beautiful bouquet. Looks better that a professional one.