Nauti-cal but Nice DIY Mason Jar Totes

$10

When you eat spaghetti as often as our family does the sauce jars certainly start to pile up! Here's the latest project I created using a tote I previously owned and a new one that was simply made with scrap boards. The first is the makeover one as seen here in its original form.
Seashells were removed and the lower height mason jars were donated to the thrift store. The tote received a coat of ivory chalk paint and a pair of drawer pulls were added at the top to feed the rope through.
Jars were also repurposed to give this project a new look, here's the original look.
Project all assembled and looking fresh and new! It may be used for wedding decor so other embellishments may be added to suit their vision!
The next tote was started from scratch with new pine boards, painted again with the chalk paint. The next step was to stencil a rope pattern on the sides using Martha Stewart stencils.

The box was custom made to accept three mason jars which I taped and spray painted in gold and periwinkle blue. I used painters tape and stuffed the inside with rags, paper towel, etc. to prevent the inside from any over spray.
While the coats of paint were allowed to dry, I planned to add a rope handle. To do this I needed to get creative, I'm not sure what its called but its used to secure rope on boats. Cha-ching it worked perfect!The rope is fed through the center hole and knotted to keep it secure.

Here's the final look with the rope secured into it.
Here's the final view of the tote from the front angle.
Nautical, beachy, rustic call it whatever you want but I'm keeping them for my home even if they do get used for wedding accents!

• Mason Jars  (Recycled Sauce Jars)
  • Martha Stewart Stencils  (Michael's)
  • Chalk Paint  (Walmart)