Dollar Store Beads/gems and Old/antique Window...#2

$29

I decided to do another old window and decorate with dollar store beads. I am lucky enough to have 4 antique shops in my town... makes for easy picking of windows and sizes...
i decided to be more creative with the lettering and it worked really well. I used dollar store gems, clear ones. But being this one too is for a Christmas gift and the dollar stores near me only have clear and blue gems, I went to a craft store and splerged for different color beads/gems.
what you need: clear dollar store beads, clear silicone, paper, scissors and colored beads.
Hope you all like this window as much as my other one...
(side note, this window was larger and I miss calculated the amount of clear beads I needed. So I have a small spot yet to do with clear beads but you will get the idea)... happy crafting.
Supplies gathered...
Mosaic beads from hobby lobby. $3.99 for the bag and I only used one bag for this window...
Always wash the window really well before starting so the silicone will stick as will your beads.
Adjust paper to know size of glass you have to work with for your design or letter etc.
Place paper under the glass as you guide... I am using a fancy letter a... for the last name of the family...
I first payed out all the beads to see if I liked the design before gluing in place. And not all the beads in my bag were the same. So I wanted to make sure 1 I had enough and 2 I liked the order to place them in.
Getting ready to silicone them in place.
I would put small areas with silicone then start placing the beads.
starting to fill in all the clear beads.
Almost done and growing aware I will be about half a bag short on the clear beads. This window is bigger than my other one. So in total for this window 5 bags of clear and one color was needed.
Almost done and my small area yet to fill with clear beads once I get to the dollar tree. Other than that it's done and I love it.
How it looks in the sunlight... it's actually for my mom for her fireplace mantel. Not much light will go through as not on a window but the colors will be perfect for this huge mantel.
With no light through it. Still looks amazing. (After I get the extra bag of clear I need to finish)...

• AdamTomBar

Beautiful !

Can it work with hot glue ? or it is the same as clear silicone

• Geeswonderland

Silicone is more permanent than hot glue and better strength for hanging windows!!

• Susan

You just peel the paper from your print off after it dries ??

• Janet

I bought glue for glass, is that good to use or will silicone stick better?

• Knelso18

I’m not sure as I have only used silicone... I guess I would try on something small then do it.

• Heathergabbert

Peggy, I love that! She could get those battery operated fairy lights maybe or fake candles :)

• Sherri Roll

I thought the same thing about back lighting the piece. They make an LED light for backlighting a tv that plugs into the wall if she doesnt want the hassle of always changing out the batteries. Beautifully done! I'm thinking about doing this to a bathroom window now! Thanks for the inspiration!