Wendy
Wendy
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Far Rockaway, NY

Desk Organizer From Toilet Paper Rolls

$0

In trying to put my hoarded cardboard to good use, I decided to create something that will help me stay organized at work. So I gathered a few toilet paper rolls and some fun crafty materials and got to work!
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
My first step was gathering my materials. Then I got to work on deciding what my desk caddy will look like.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
Using an X-acto knife, I trimmed the toilet paper rolls so that I had varying heights for each one.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
Then, I played around with the arrangement of the rolls until I found one that I liked best.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
Now it's time for the real fun! I removed the rolls from the base and and decided to cover it with a punchy patterned paper. I measured the paper to fit the cardboard base, and glued it on using Elmer's glue.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
Next, I got to work decorating the toilet paper rolls. For the first one, I decided to cover it with red construction paper. I measured the paper so it would fit well, and glued it onto the roll.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
I decided to paint the next one white using acrylic paint. I only needed a small amount of paint for this!
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
Then I added some polka dots using a round foam brush and gold gouache paint.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
For the next one, I decided to cover it in twine. I used a paintbrush to coat the toilet paper roll in glue and then easily wrapped the twine around it. I did the same to the last one using white twine.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
I then glued the toilet paper rolls to the base using a hot glue gun.
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
Ta Dah!
desk organizer from toilet paper rolls
And here it is sitting pretty on my desk at work!

• Toilet paper rolls
  • Hot glue gun
  • Elmer's glue