Potted Hand Halloween Prop

$10

As we get closer to The Day, I become like a kid who keeps asking “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” – hahaha. 😀 Well, you all know me – I enjoy doing this and that, but there is one time of the year where I really have great fun working on my projects. You know what I am talking about, don’t you? Of course you do! Halloween! Yeessss!!!! Today is the day I start posting about Halloween. And oh boy – do I have some lovely Halloween props for you this year! But before jumping into anything else, I want to show you my potted Rosemary (aka potted hand Halloween prop), as it is related to last year’s beloved project: Halloween Apothecary Jars.

Speaking of Apothecary Jars, did you see my Apothecary Jars project from last year? Oh you didn’t? I am sharing 80+ jar labels on our blog together with lots of jar filler ideas, so if you are into Halloween, you really don’t want to miss these free printable labels. Here is a pic from that post, so you can see the labels ;-) [It is one of most popular posts - hint hint!!]

Ok, I am again yapping off-topic, so let’s get on with making our potted hand Halloween prop, shall we?

I started my project by aging my urn. As I wanted my urn to look like an old rusty iron urn, I first painted it with 2 coats of iron paint. I let the paint dry for about an hour.

Once the paint dried, I put my plastic gloves on and poured some rust activator into a small spray bottle. Then I sprayed my urn all over and waited. Although within 30 minutes it had a good amount of rust, I let it do its thing overnight.

Next day, I picked a flower foam from my stash and started shaping it so it would fit into my old rusty iron urn.

Once I was done with the foam placement, I moved on to the next step which was hot gluing the moss and critters on it.

After adding the moss and the critters, I placed the creepy hand in the middle and with that my project was done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FULL TUTORIAL with step-by-step process pictures and get the free printable tags.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And ladies and gentlemen [insert drum roll here]…here is my potted Rosemary!

Oh ok – maybe you can’t really tell whether it is Rosemary or Basil from the previous picture, but how about now? hehehe :-D

“Rosemary – You knew her once, now you can grow her again.”

I hope you enjoyed this year’s first Halloween post. If you liked this, then you would definitely love my Cousin Itt Halloween prop!

Hahaha :-D Doesn't he look so handsome?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK HERE to see the step-by-step tutorial to make a Cousin Itt for your home.

Trust me, not only it is the easiest prop ever, but your kids will love him too! :-D

Thanks for reading and happy crafting!

Handan, xo

• Printable label  (https://www.thenavagepatch.com/potted-rosemary-potted-hand-halloween-prop/)
  • Moss

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Handan & Greg @ The Navage Patch