DIY Rag Wreath Tutorial Under $10

$10

Wreaths make my heart sing joy! I literally have an addiction for wreaths! My door is never bare nor are the walls or doors inside of my house. They make everything feel so homey and warm … and can be such a classy way to decorate for the different holidays or seasons!
Lately I have been loving the whole shabby chic farm style look. One night while laying in bed and dreaming up dozens of DIY projects I envisioned a rustic barn door with a rag wreath placed in the middle. So, like all DIY addicts do, the next day I got busy! I built the DIY barn door in under $10 and 30 minutes and then crafted the rag wreath!
It was sooo easy to make and cost less than $6! Let me show you how to make your own!
Supplies:
1- 20″ wire wreath form  (I bought at Hobby Lobby for $2.99)
1- 16″ wire wreath form  (I bought at Hobby Lobby for ($2.49)
4- twisty ties
2 yards fabric – I used Osnaburg fabric aka Muslin fabric in plain and Ikat from Hobby Lobby
Scissors
Cut fabric into strips – the length and width is up to you. I chose to to make mine about 6″ long and 1″ wide
Lay your smaller wreath form inside of your large wreath form and use twisty ties to secure together
Start by tying the fabric (one knot, not double knot) to the wreath form. Work in sections and do not fill too tight…mostly because you may run out of fabric. You can always come back and fill in with more ties once the wreath is completed.
Using a piece of fabric that is double in length, make a “hanger” so you can hang the wreath.
Ta da! You did it!
PIN IT! And visit my blog for more great, easy, affordable tutorials!

• Ikat fabric  (hobby lobby)
  • Muslin fabric  (hobby lobby)

15 Memorial Day Crafts
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Gathered In The Kitchen

• Lydia
    Lydia

Can you use any kind of fabric for this wreath?
  • Megan Lewis Sucher
    Megan Lewis Sucher

This is so darling! I'm going to do this for a women's church group craft project. Just wondering what your thoughts are if I only use 1 wreath form instead of tying 2 together. Should I make the strips smaller?
  • Diydabbler
    Diydabbler

Did you use equal amounts of each fabric, 1 yd. of each color? How did you alternate the 2 fabrics when tying onto the frame?

• Dorothy Pillen
      Dorothy Pillen

I just finished a rag wreath with just 1 wire frame and all my scrape material and I alternated the strips by color and width and length Turned out great. I would attach pic if I knew how.

• Melissa
    Melissa

Not really a question just a comment. Check your Dollar Tree store for the wire frames

• Grace Veach
    Grace Veach

I have a ton of t-shirt strips, all colors, would this work?