Five Minute DIY Pumpkin Candy Dish

$2

This summer I bought a few small terra cotta pots for various projects. While I was putting those projects together, the idea of using a pot and a lid for a pumpkin came to mind. This is truly a quick and incredibly easy project. I love how my Five Minute DIY Pumpkin Candy Dish turned out.
I used a five inch pot that I purchased at Lowe’s. I already had the twine on hand. For the stem, I pulled one from a pumpkin that I had in my fall craft stash. I used a floral wire cutter to make the bottom of the stem even. A dot of hot glue was placed on the lower end of the stem and the twine was wrapped around it. I clipped off the small piece of plastic from the end of the stem.
I wanted to make sure that the stem would hold up to being used as a handle for the candy dish, so I used E600 glue instead of hot glue. I added a small circle of glue to the center of the lid.
It looked a little plain with just the stem. Looking through my fall craft stash, I found several leaves. I like the colors of this one. I added another bit of glue to hold it in place. 
Terra Cotta is a great surface to use chalk on. I wrote “Happy Fall” on the front of the pot with a peach colored piece of chalk. 
The last step was to fill it with candy. I like using candy with wrappers in gold, but candy corn would be a fun look for it, too. I know that candy corn would not be eaten at my house. Rolos and Peanut Butter Cups will need to be replenished a few times. 
If you’re looking for a very quick and easy craft idea, this is for you! Any size pot and lid would work for this. I think a large one filled with candy with a Halloween Pumpkin face drawn on the pot would be cute for a Halloween Party. I may have to make one of those, too.
To see more, please visit the link below.

• Terra Cotta Pot  (Lowes)
  • Faux Pumpkin Stem
  • Twine

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd