All Natural DIY Bug Spray Hack

$10

I have always been one to play around with natural cleaning supplies, making my own laundry detergent and learning the endless opportunities of working with essential oils, but as baby boy will soon make his appearance into our little family it only fans my flame to keep with all natural products more. Ideally these products would take the added stressor away from curious tiny hands getting into harmful products, but also let’s face it- it’s way cheaper to make your own products too! Two for one in my book!! I know the big question you might be asking yourself though is, do they work? Well you never know until you try- and in your case thankfully I have tried and the answer is yes! haha. Today I am taking a stab at making my very own all natural bug spray- although we are in full fall swing we still are enjoying some warmer nights on the patio and this spray will come in so handy!!

Photo Cred: Anya McInroy
Supplies:
  • Glass Spray bottle
  • 2 tbsp Sweet Almond Oil 
  • 10 drops Lavender essential oil
  • 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
  • 10 drops Tea Tree essential oil
  • 10 drops Citronella essential oil
Use a funnel to help with the sweet almond oil. The almond oil will help with moisturizing the skin while also acting as a carrier agent for the essential oils.
Add all your oils to the bottle.
P.S. If you think essential oils are out of your price range, try Amazon! They have cheaper essential oils that you can use to make this DIY Bug Spray!
Shake the mixture to combine well.
Next it’s time to label your bottle with washi tape and spray away!
I store mine in this glass spray bottle in my medicine cabinet and have had no issues with consistency or anything. Simply give a shake every time you use and spray!
Bye Bye Buggies!
xo
Sam

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Zest it Up

• Rentha Santos Martin

What is good to kill baby roaches? We own rental property. We have bought chemical after chemical from Lowes home improvement and also through a bug company. We can not get them out this one unit. Also because another unit is within 12 feet, they have a 14 day old baby in there. After we sprayed one unit, they run to another. Please help if you can. I need something for the unit with the baby. Something that will not harm her. She is my God child. As husband keeps going in that unit. He is starting to bring roaches home one by one it seems. Please help.
    • Msnana63

boric acid in all cracks, around pipes,baseboards, basement, and attic. big roaches have baby roaches

• Ballygall

Where I live this would not last 1 day for 1 person. Any recipes for jumbo sized version.

• Ann

I understand that oil mixtures should be kept in glass bottles, but what does one do about the plastic sprayer tubes?

• Susie

So I'm guessing that the Z mosquito will succumb with this spray?the ankle biters

• Em

So it is a lovely thought but the ingredients minus the spray bottle will cost about $50.