Modern White DIY Poster Frame

$50

Hey friends! I have a cheap, quick, and easy DIY project to share with you today. and when you can add beautiful and trendy decor to your home on the cheap, it’s always a good day, right? Well, at least for me it is. Today I want to share a tutorial for how to make a modern white DIY poster frame. And I just love the way this project turned out.
modern white diy poster frame
Since I was making this poster for  my daughter’s apartment, I decided to go with a modern white DIY poster frame because I know that fits with her design aesthetic. I had a piece of poplar board left over from when I made over our mudroom in the spring for the $100 room challenge. It was already painted white, so I didn’t even have to paint it! I cut two pieces of this wood that were both the same width as the frame. I then glued the top edge of the wood to the frame on the top and the bottom. I laid some heavy things on top of it ans waited for it to dry.
modern white diy poster frame
modern white diy poster frame
Next you will need to cut a piece of jute twine to use to hang the poster from. Next string your beads onto the jute at each end (if you have decided to use beads).  I also added the feather pendant to one side of my beads. Hot glue the twine to the back of the top board so that you can hang the poster. The only problem I ran into during the making of this modern white DIY poster frame was after I hot glued the twine with my beads and feather onto it.  When I turned it around to check out how it looked, the feather wouldn’t lay the way I wanted it to at the top of the frame.  I easily fixed it by taking a dab of hot glue and placing it right on the top edge of the frame, and then gluing a little loop in the twine at the top. 
modern white diy poster frame
The bottom board is heavy enough that it weighs down the poster and makes it hang nicely.  You can read more about this project by clicking the link to the blog post I wrote that has a full tutorial.

• Poplar board  (Home Depot)
  • Jute twine  (craft store)
Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place

1 comment
  • Poppy Nelson

I've got my FIRST check total of $5800 for a week, pretty cool. working from home saves money in several ways.I love this. I’ve recently started taking the steps to build my freelance Job career so that I can work from home.. This is what i do.... http://ow.ly/gqcF30fY5zB