Fall Themed Painted Pallet Sign

58K Views
The beautiful colors of Fall in the mountains where I live inspired me to make a new pallet sign for my side entrance.
Time: 2 DaysCost: $10Difficulty: Medium
  • fall themed painted pallet sign
The project started with a raw wood pallet that I have been keeping for weeks around the house. I knew I wanted to make a Fall themed sign for the side entrance but just had not found the right inspiration - yet. Then last week it rained in our area and the air turned cold and crisp and it was just what we needed to bring alive the vibrant colors of Fall in the Smoky Mountains of TN. The colors were breathtaking.
  • fall themed painted pallet sign
This is what inspired my painted image on the pallet sign.
  • fall themed painted pallet sign
I started out by staining the pallet in MinWax Early American stain and allowed it to dry overnight. Then, using a piece of chalk, I drew an outline of a tree trunk and branches and painted in the design with acrylic paints. To create the look of changing leaves on the tree, I painted small ovals around the branches in green, yellow, orange, gold, and copper.
  • fall themed painted pallet sign
I also wanted to add some sort of wording or phrase, but my husband is the one who actually came up with the idea of using the verse from Ecclesiastes 3:1. "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven."

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of May 19, 2018 11:20 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Donna Powell

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question