Donna Powell
Donna Powell
  • Seymour, TN

Fall Themed Painted Pallet Sign

$10

The beautiful colors of Fall in the mountains where I live inspired me to make a new pallet sign for my side entrance.
fall themed painted pallet sign
The project started with a raw wood pallet that I have been keeping for weeks around the house. I knew I wanted to make a Fall themed sign for the side entrance but just had not found the right inspiration - yet. Then last week it rained in our area and the air turned cold and crisp and it was just what we needed to bring alive the vibrant colors of Fall in the Smoky Mountains of TN. The colors were breathtaking.
fall themed painted pallet sign
This is what inspired my painted image on the pallet sign.
fall themed painted pallet sign
I started out by staining the pallet in MinWax Early American stain and allowed it to dry overnight. Then, using a piece of chalk, I drew an outline of a tree trunk and branches and painted in the design with acrylic paints. To create the look of changing leaves on the tree, I painted small ovals around the branches in green, yellow, orange, gold, and copper.
fall themed painted pallet sign
I also wanted to add some sort of wording or phrase, but my husband is the one who actually came up with the idea of using the verse from Ecclesiastes 3:1. "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven."
Donna Powell

• Miss Daisy

Love love love it! Can you tell that I love it?

• Did you leave this outside during cold weather?Using acrylic paint will peel easily.They do have acrylic paints for outdoors.But you will also have to use with protective outdoor coating. And spray few times after all the the work you put into it you want it too last.