C. D. Scallan
C. D. Scallan
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Saint Amant, LA

Cutesy Tootsie

$3

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a kitchen gadget , it is cute as button and useful . When I first spotted one at my mother's house , I thought , "I have to have to have one ! That's adorable ! " So I set out to make one . I know how to sew a simple straight stitch so I thought , this will be a great way to spend a few minutes of my day . I'm an idiot ,
cutesy tootsie
This is what I started with: a baby dress I paid $2 for at a thrift store and a cute kitchen towel I got from the Dollar General for a dollar that says "Love beyond words . "
cutesy tootsie
I began by separating the bodice from the skirt.
cutesy tootsie
Next, I cut the green trim from the bottom of the skirt and then cut that into four equal pieces . I also cut the towel in half.
cutesy tootsie
I sewed a half of the towel to the front of the bodice and also to the back as shown .
cutesy tootsie
Remember the bottom of the skirting? I turned those into side ties. They are stitched on as well .
cutesy tootsie
And here's the final product . My cutesy tootsie kitchen towel/dress (I don't even know what to call it except adorable and practical because it won't slip off the towel rack onto the floor.) If I owned a machine , I would probably have one for every holiday and occasion! Are you going to make one ?

• Jennifer

That is cute!
  • Wendy

Ha! What a cute idea!
    • C. D. Scallan

Thank you ! I wish I could take credit for it . The original was inspired by one that made by a friend of my mother's who was trying to recycle all cute dresses her great great granddaughters had outgrown.