Easter Ribbon Wreath

I ran across a great supply of novelty Easter ribbon. And I am always looking for fun things to make with those colorful plastic eggs from the dollar store. So, with Easter on my mind, I created a pretty DIY Easter Ribbon Wreath!
For this project I used colorful Easter and spring ribbons, 72 plastic eggs from the dollar store, a 16" straw wreath, lime green mesh ribbon, a silk flower and hot glue!
Wrap the  ribbon around the circumference of an egg and cut it the length needed.
Add hot glue along the circumference of the egg and glue the ribbon around it. Then do this 72 two more times!  Ha!  I used mostly the medium and narrow ribbons to wrap the eggs and saved the widest ribbons for the bow.
All eggs are wrapped with Easter ribbon
Use the mesh ribbon to wrap the wreath form.  I used a pin to hold the mesh at the beginning of the wrap and pushed in another pin at the end.
Now the fun part!  Start hot gluing eggs to the wreath form!  Cover the very front first and then start working around the edges.  The eggs don't go as far as you might think, so cover the important areas first.  Turn the eggs this way and that while gluing them down and be sure to mix up the colors as best as you can.
Take any leftover ribbons (the wide ones and any leftover narrow ones) and wrap the ends together with wire. Glue the wired end to the top of the wreath and cover the wire with a pretty silk flower.  The final touch is to clip the ribbons at angles at the bottom to neaten them up.
Created with lots of plastic eggs and ribbons!
For more unique egg crafts for spring, be sure to check out the link below!

Susan Myers

• Merelyn sale

Simple to make I might try myself I have lots of eggs.

I'll try on a grapevine wreath. Great idea, the Spring look.

Since we are staying inside with this virus good idea.

• Kathrine Anderson

So happy!

• Barb

Exactly how it made me feel when I first saw it!