DIY Resin Snowflake Coasters

8 materials
$10
Create beautiful resin snowflakes for your winter and Christmas decor! They are easy and so beautiful with glitter and resin!

Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
Here are the highlights:

I found these wood ornaments at Michaels.
Because I wanted to turn them into coasters, I trimmed of the twine used to hang them.
Then I painted one silver and the other a pearl white. It took 2-3 coats...
...before I had nice solid coverage.
Once dry, I put packing tape on the backs.
I burnished the tape down, to make sure there was a good seal.
I mixed my resin and split it into two cups.
I added white glitter in one cup and silver in the other.
I then dripped the resin into the snowflakes. I did the white glitter in the silver snowflake and the silver glitter in the white snowflake.
Once filled, I ran my lighter over them. TIP: Be careful when popping the bubbles with the lighter. Remember they are wood and you don't want to accidentally set your snowflake on fire!
Once cured, I pulled the tape off the backs.
Then you are left with beautiful snowflake coasters! They will be a beautiful and frosty addition to your holiday decor!
For another fun holiday coaster, be sure to check out how I made the Christmas tree truck coaster here:
Thanks for stopping by! A link to the original blog post and materials can be found below!

Mona

Mona  ~ Craft Klatch

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

1 comment
Next