DIY Holiday House Candle Holder

$5

When creating a holiday atmosphere, candles are always a must. I love the dose of warmth it provides during this cold season. My project stems from an old Christmas favourite. I wanted to recreate a simplified version of a Christmas village home by adding a Scandinavian twist. It’s chic, super easy to make, budget-friendly and it can be customized to match any holiday decor.
Here’s how you can create your own Holiday house candlestick holder!
Assembling a house silhouette is fairly easy.  It requires a few cuts and some glue but for those who would rather skip this part, I found an even easier route—buy pre-made ones!  I found these wood houses in a variety of sizes from the Dollar Store.
Since these little houses are wood, you can transform them anyway you like.
My Christmas decor is fairly neutral so I went with a stain for the interior and a white coat of paint for the exterior.
You will need to drill a hole on the roof, which will hold the candlestick. I used a 1″ hole saw and centred the hole to resemble a chimney.
Next I took scrap pieces of 3/4″ copper pipe in different heights to use as the base for the candlesticks. To secure the candlestick to the copper, I just screwed the candle into the pipe. By doing this you will be shredding a thin layer of the candle wax, which will make a snug fit into the pipe.
Last but not least, take your copper candlesticks and anchor them into the hole you just drilled. They do stay put, but for added security, you can add a little hot glue to the bottom of the copper pipe.
It’s that simple!

House frame

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Sabrina

• Susie
    Susie

Love the beauty in the simplicity of this design! Where did you buy the gray candles? The link provided doesn’t offer them! Thank you!

• Em
    Em

VERY cute. I am concerned about the real candles though. Thought: Cut a piece of aluminum, copper sheeting and tack to the roof. on both sides. Extend copper pipe thru the roof so if the candle drips it will it the metal and the copper pipe extending thru the roof will keep the candle away from the wood.

• Val
    Val

I've got wood and a copper pipe to use, I can't wait to recreate this! I love it. Even if I don't put a candle in it. I could make some fake chimney smoke to come out with something. Thanks a bunch!