Hang This Above Your Holiday Table!

$8

You saw the picture of this branch I found out in the yard and probably wonder what in the world I am thinking! Read on and see what I did with $7.00 of western cedar from the garden center, a branch from my yard and a couple of dollar store Christmas ornaments!
hang this above your holiday table
This is actually how I am hanging this, not vertically, but horizontally.   I suspended mine with floral wire, you could also use a heavy weight fishing line.  This will be stunning over a dining table or a buffet table without adding any unnecessary centerpiece to your tabletop.
hang this above your holiday table
The main pieces of this project are one bunch of Western Cedar and one branch I found in my yard, likely from one of the Sycamore trees that line our street.  
hang this above your holiday table
The other supplies you will need are some floral wire and some dollar store ornaments.   
hang this above your holiday table
Take the branches of cedar, one at a time and attach them to the large branch with fine wire.
hang this above your holiday table
Continue adding cedar to your branch to get the look you want, securing each branch with wire.  You don't want any of the evergreens falling down on your guests or your table.  
hang this above your holiday table
Use the wires to thread beneath the cedar and around the large branch and form a little hook like I have done above.  This way you will be able to space your ornaments exactly where you want after you have added your cedar and see how it drapes.  You will use these wires to hang ornaments from them.  
hang this above your holiday table
Hang ornaments of your choice using transparent thread, hooking it on the wire hooks spaced all along your branch.  
hang this above your holiday table
That is it!  This is an easy and inexpensive project that can hang above your table and will impress your guests!  
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Beth Kolb

I saw the cedar plank phrase too but when I went back to look for it, the phrase had disappeared.

• Sue

I will not be using this project because I might have guest coming that is highly. Llergic. And if I was going to do this I would just take a real branch that was cut off of a real tree from where they sell the real trees. They would probably have one they would give you. Also if it is going to be used very long you would need to put it in water to keep it from drying out and dropping the pieces in your food. Don’t get it close too anything that might ignite it. Although very pretty I would suggest not doing unless for a brief time.