Upcycle Mason Jar Lids Into Photo Magnets

63K Views
When was the last time you actually printed pictures? We have our Instagram feeds and Facebook photo albums to hold all our family photos so if you're anything like me, you rarely print photos out any more. I happened to have a stack of photos printed out that I found in a drawer while tidying up my home for the holidays and I wanted to do a project with them. I also had several mason jar lids in my craft room - leftover from a few projects I did this summer - so I decided to put them together to make a neat way to display photos.
Time: 15 MinutesCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • upcycle mason jar lids into photo magnets
For this project, you'll need: photos, mason jar lids, magnets, glue, scissors, and a marker.
Step 1: Trace around the lid onto your photo.
Make sure you line up the circle around the photo so that your subjects fit inside the circle!
Step 2: Cut out the circle. Be sure to cut inside so that it will fit inside the mason jar lid.
Step 3: Glue the photo to the flat piece in the mason jar lid.
Step 4: Glue the lid together then glue a magnet on the back!
You can now display your photo magnet on your fridge or anywhere else that's magnetic (a file cabinet, etc.)

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of May 18, 2018 10:37 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Amber Oliver

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

• Mimiupton
    Mimiupton Cedartown, GA

Great gift idea! Grandmothers would love one of grandkids.

• Linda Sikut
      Linda Sikut Hamburg, NY

Also a great gift for kids to make for their parents. I have my grandkids every week for an afternoon so I'm always looking for projects they can do - especially in the winter. We could do this! Thanks for sharing.