Peel and Stick Hardwood Floors for Your Bath

$60

Do you have vinyl flooring in your bathroom? Or maybe you own a rental and want to change up the floors but can't do something permanent? Then do I have the solution for you! Peel and stick hardwood looking flooring and it costs less than 50 dollars for a small bathroom!
I had read about peel and stick hardwood looking floors before but thought it would be too difficult to attempt in my bath. After some research though, I thought I was up to the task.
Here are my ugly-to-me vinyl floors. I hated that the lightest color of floor was in the room that got the dirtiest. So I decided to head to my local Lowe's and check out other options. I found some "peel and stick plank flooring" in the flooring department, bought enough for what I thought I needed and headed home to begin!

Tip- Buy more than you need as you will make mistakes as well as having extra if you want to replace planks as they age.
My friend Rebecca and I laid out the planks like a puzzle. She had the idea to stagger them to look like real hardwood but you can lay them in any arrangement you like! The planks are really easy to cut or snap into smaller sizes.

Tip- Make sure you have an Exacto knife to help cut the planks!
Once you have your pattern laid out, now comes the fun part: taking off the backing and sticking the planks to the floor!
The hardest part was the area around the toilet. You will have to cut the pieces to fit (this is where your Exacto knife will come in handy!).

Tip- Use the backing from the flooring to create a template by tracing the shape of the toilet, then cutting with the knife. The flooring is very flexible and isn't hard to cut.
This is what the floor looks like finished! Isn't it beautiful? It took about two-three hours with two people. So an afternoon for beautiful floors!

Tip- Smaller rooms are better for this kind of flooring. Larger more well-traffic rooms won't work as well but if you are renting, might be the perfect temporary option.
These floors were installed in 2012 and look just as good today!

Kari at A Grace Full Life

• Morgan Arce

I've seen the vinyl peel I. Stick in the wood look (many designs), but none that oook like long strips of a slate look. My entire house is hardwood; I'd like my bathroom to have a tile look.

• Milly Noel

It is way more higenecly clean with tile. The floors are easier to clean, disinfect and dont get a smell of pee. I have a large home with bathrooms with both tile and wood floors, and I my whole house is hard wood of high quality, but I much rather the tile in the bathrooms, specially with men 😉 and few grandchildren.

• Morgan Arce

Right. I want to put the long vinyl “plank” waterproof strips of flooring in, but i’ve Only been able to find various “wood” looks. I don’t want actual ceramic tile, but that’s The only product I’ve found that has the long slate look is ceramic, or actual slate (those are too expensive). Was just wondering if you’d seen long slate look vinyl plank. Thanks for responding!