Yard Sale Frame to Fun Home Decor

$30

We turned a yard sale frame and a few craft supplies into a fun piece of home decor which is perfect for your craft room, living room, or office!

We used to have a front room. Or formal sitting room. Or whatever you call it. The room that held our fancy (inherited) furniture that no one ever hung out in, except Baloo because he likes to be alone when he chews on his toys. The furniture is dark grey and yellow, the walls were light grey, and I thought it would be fun to make a quirky wall hanging to bring a little bit of my personality into the room. So we created this guy.

Here are the supplies you will need:

• old frame (we found ours at a yard sale)
  • paper mache deer head
  • wood block
  • screws
  • spray paint
  • wrapping paper
  • extra embellishments
  • scissors/craft knife
  • drill
  • assorted adhesive

Step 1: We took the frame apart and spray painted the face, then repeated the process with the deer head.

Step 2: I used spray adhesive to apply the wrapping paper to the back of the frame, then cut out and layered some scalloped shapes using my Cricut and my Xyron Creative Station.

Step 3: I used a compass to draw an oval about 2" in from the edge of the frame, then added Stickles to the outline for a little bling!

Step 4: We cut a hole in the back of the deer and adhered a wood block.

Step 5: Then we drilled holes in the frame and screwed the deer head right into the frame base.

And voila! With a few coats of spray paint and a paper mache animal head, you can easily transform a yard sale frame into something fun for your home!

To get more project inspiration for your home and to learn more about the products used in this project, stop by my blog!

Beth Kingston