Two Ingredient Homemade Carpet Refresher Recipe

$1

I use this two ingredient homemade carpet refresher recipe all the time and realized I have never shared it with you!

One of the most popular posts ever on Chemistry Cachet is our 3 ingredient carpet cleaner (click blog post link at the bottom of this post to get the recipe for carpet cleaner). Readers love it because it is easy and it works! Plus, there is actually science going on behind the scenes
two ingredient homemade carpet refresher recipe
What You Need:

Directions:
  1. Cut open the lavender tea bags and set aside.
  2. Add 1 cup of baking soda to your jar, then top with the loose tea inside of the tea bags.
  3. Stir it around until everything is evenly distributed.
  4. Store in the jar with a lid to keep everything fresh.
To Apply to Carpet:

If you want to add in a few tablespoons to a shaker jar, like this one, feel free to do so. Or just take a spoon and dust over carpeted area you want to freshen up. It doesn’t have to be perfect, and it’s okay if you don’t get an even coat 🙂

Let it sit 10-15 minutes to soak up odors.
Vacuum up like you normally would any carpet powder.

P.S- This also freshens the vacuum cleaner, eliminating odors. It doesn’t harm vacuum at all, I have been using it for many years.

Chemist Tips on Homemade Carpet Refresher

Before using this recipe, be sure to click here to read IMPORTANT chemist tips on substitutions. I know readers love to hear WHY we use the items we use in each homemade solution like this. So, I will share the fun chemistry behind the scenes.

For reasons why we use baking soda and this particular tea, please click the link

• Baking Soda  (Store)
  • Lavender Tea bags with lemon/rose  (Online)
  • Jar with Lid  (Online)
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet