Soda Can Faux Hammered Copper Texture

Soda cans are upcycled for everything under the sun these days. I love all the creative ways people are putting them to use. Being kind of a texture fanatic, I wanted to see if I could get a hammered copper look with soda cans.
To be honest, I wasn't even sure how I was going to put the "soda can" to use if I made it look like hammered copper, but first things first.
I cut the top and bottom off and trimmed off the scraggly parts. (this piece is nailed down for the picture only)
I gave it a light sanding.
And then I started pounding away ---> on the cement --- with various tools and implements that I had around the house. I found the best outcome for the faux hammered look was from the imprint I was getting on the soda can from the cement.
After that it was just a matter of prime, paint, sand repeat until it look kind of like hammered copper.

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Carol Jordan
    Carol Jordan

Love the hammered copper look. I'm no artist, but I think I would like to try this, maybe stamp words or create letters and adhere to a wood piece. I like to mix textures.
  • Krafty Mrs.K
    Krafty Mrs.K

Rustoleum has a hammered copper spray that is awesome ( i get no pay from them but should as must as i talk about it.) Its texture is very forgiving unless you make big drips. They have other hammered metals to spray plastic or metals. This might be good for soda can punched tin design .

• JoeAnna Taylor
      JoeAnna Taylor

AND if you have rusted plant stands or whatever, you can sand, and spray and things look better than new!!