Make An Etched Glass Lucky Penny Jar

$10

A fun way to collect your pennies is by making a lucky penny jar. This would also be a fun thing to make with the kids by letting them decorate the jar after you etch it.
make an etched glass lucky penny jar
make an etched glass lucky penny jar
The first thing I did was clean off the labels from the jar. Then I placed the jar into a plastic container and poured the Etchall Dip n' Etch into the container until it was at the rim of the jar and let it sit for 15 min. To keep my jar from floating, I added some rocks in the jar.
make an etched glass lucky penny jar
While I was waiting for my jar to be etched, I painted the lid of the jar with some white gesso and once that dried I then painted it.
make an etched glass lucky penny jar
Ater the 15 min. was up, I removed my jar from the liquid then washed and dried it.  I stamped some shamrocks randomly around on the jar.. because shamrocks are lucky right?
make an etched glass lucky penny jar
After I was done stamping the shamrocks it still felt a little plain to me so I colored in some of the shamrocks.
make an etched glass lucky penny jar
I glued the penny to the lid and I was done!
For all the supplies I used and for more information on this project, visit my blog post by clicking  HERE.

Nadine Carlier