Turquoise and White Jewelry Cabinet Makeover

83 Views
This thrift store makeover started with one of the nicest jewelry cabinets I’ve found at a in a long time. I almost didn’t paint it. But you know me… I have to paint everything! Plus I had some turquoise paint leftover from a previous project so this became a turquoise and white jewelry cabinet makeover.

Time: 2 DaysCost: $20Difficulty: Medium
  • turquoise and white jewelry cabinet makeover
After removing the handles, I gave the drawers two coats of white and the body one good coat of turquoise. I have all my favorite supplies listed in my Amazon shop.

When everything was completely dry I cut the scrapbook papers to fit the sides of the drawers.  I painted on a thin coat of decoupage medium, stuck on the paper, and added another thin coat over it.  
I distressed the edges a little with a small piece of sandpaper then covered all the painted surfaces with varnish.

When that was completely dry I screwed the handles back on and it’s ready to go! Here's a close up of the handles.
So, what do you think of this thrift store makeover?
Thanks for reading.  Don’t forget to sign up for my email list below and I’ll send you a link to next month’s upcycled round up!

Suggested materials for this project:

• DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint  (DecoArt)
  • 220 grit sandpaper  (Amazon)
  • Varnish

To see more: https://ducttapeanddenim.com/turquoise-and-white-jewelry-cabinet/

Ask the creator about this project