Debbie
Debbie
  • Glen Mills, PA

Planter Tiki Torch

$10

I love the glow of tiki torches, but not so much to look at during the day. I‘m thinking what can I do to take them up a notch. How bout fire and flora?
So I had a couple of pretty blue ceramic planters and this is what I came up with. My costs were about $10 not counting the ceramice planter or plants.
planter tiki torch
This the finished planter
planter tiki torch
Lit up at night. Wow.
planter tiki torch
Heat duct pipe Home Depot. Bout $3
Ducts are bout 24” so cut down to your desired height for your particular pot. Think mine extend up out of planter about 8“. Just use metal snipers. Not difficul but Be careful, edges will be sharp
planter tiki torch
Tiki torch purchased at Home Depot. Bout $5
Added beads around the top the dollar store. I used hot glue and some beads have come off so try E600 glue which you can buy in a craft store.
planter tiki torch
Added stones or beads from dollar store
you don’t have to add that many stones because the plants will come up and cover the bottom of the metal
planter tiki torch
Inserted Tiki torch in duct
planter tiki torch
One of my blue planters
planter tiki torch
Centered duct with tiki torch in the pot and filled it with potting soil, which holds the duct and the torch in place
planter tiki torch
Add your plants. And Wow!
planter tiki torch
Added a tiki torch to wall planter. But you have to make sure it’s far enough away from the house
My house happens to be stucco so it won’t catch fire but it could charr the wall. I only light it when I am right outside so I can keep an eye on it.