Barb
Barb
  • Tutorial Team
  • Leland, NC

Small Pallet Table

$40

Once again my daughter has requested a small table for an area. She is now saying the same thing I use to say to my father...."build it, I will find a place for it". I have a long, narrow pallet and she liked that idea as it would go along with her coffee table I made her.

small pallet table
Start with any size pallet you have and cut to what you need. Be careful as this is all rough wood. Wear gloves.
small pallet table
Get a 2x4x8 ft, cut in half and then cut in half again length wise for your legs.
small pallet table
On the underside of the pallet, cut a notch out for your leg. Then pre-drill holes for attaching legs to the pallet.
small pallet table
Before you tighten all the screws, take a level and make sure they are straight. Too many times I forgot this step and the legs are heading the wrong way other that straight up!
I also put a cross piece on the bottom of the legs for support and another little shelf.
small pallet table
Now it's time to do a LOT of sanding. The pallet was the toughest as it was very rough lumber but it got done.
small pallet table
And staining and 6 coats of poly (sanding lighting in between each coat) it is now ready for the house.
small pallet table
Ta da - done. Not sure what she has in mind to put on it but I heard her mention some lights in between the boards on top.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 03, 2018 10:18 PM - More info