Make an Industrial Piece of Art Using Washers and Glass

$75

Today I want to show you how to create a piece of art using washers. In this case I used large galvanized squared washers with rounded corners, some smaller squared ones with regular squared corners, and some even smaller round ones. These last ones, to create some balance on the piece. You can find a great variety of shapes and sizes at the Home Depot, so you can choose the ones you like.
make an industrial piece of art using washers and glass
With the Dremel tool we are going to erase the letters which come stamped on them, this way creating a nice design
Place the nut on the bolt turning it so that it remains flush, so that it acts as a base for the bolt to stand on. Make sure to not let the bolt go all the way through and protrude outside the nut, which would make it difficult to keep it stable on the washer.
Insert the bolt through the smaller square washer, center it, then glue it using the super glue. Try to position the bolt so that its head completely covers the washer whole.

Next comes gluing the glass in any position you want using the epoxy. It helped me making a diagram so I could have a clear idea of the finish product. I placed some of the glass on the corner of the washers, others, I centered. I didn’t exactly end up matching my diagram, but it was a great way to have an idea of how I wanted it to look
Once we have this piece (glass, bolt, nut, and squared washer) glued together, we are going to adhere it to the large washer using the epoxy and the clamps. Once the epoxy is applied, clamp the piece down and wait 12 hours for it to cure. You will probably notice that the epoxy runs a little. Don’t worry. After it dries, it is very easy to clean off with an x-acto knife.
At this time, we are going to glue one or two (your choice) small washers to the glass, as you can see in the photo at the end of this tutorial. And Voila! Now we can install them directly on the wall. My intention was to make it look like an industrial-type piece of art and not a frame.
Now ....Its done. This is the final result. If you like it and want to see more of my projects click HERE
More projects like this HERE
Forma Color y Textura

• Carol Cole

you could always hang plants from it.

• Natalie Jarnstedt

If someone can't, isn't allowed to or doesn't want to ruin a wall, attach everything to ai piece of wood, then hang it on the wall.....I've done similar things and am able to move them around, or take along when moving.