Command Hooks Add Country Touch

$5

Hubby wants an organization center. We already have a huge chalk board, although it’s ready for a paint job. We have a big key rack—for work, house, vehicle and misc. keys. I’m working on a small bulletin board for his oil change, car wash, and Pizza Inn coupons. But he wanted a whiteboard, too. RIGHT NOW! Ha ha 😁!
command hooks add country touch
This is how the project looks at the end of phase one. I found a roll of white self-adhesive paper to use for a temporary whiteboard. Walgreens had it for $5 in a damaged box, so I don’t even know the brand.
command hooks add country touch
Step 1. Apply a stick-on white “board”. I cut the short roll in half and turned one half sideways for the temporary white “board” while I find one the right size. The placement also included removing the static prohibitor from an old telephone line, taping over the open space with white duct tape.
command hooks add country touch
Step 2. Place Command hooks at the bottom. I wanted a perfect place for a touch of homemade Country decor, without waiting for a permanant fix.
command hooks add country touch
Hang Granddaughter’s potholders. My almost-8 granddaughter learned how to weave potholders this year. These last two I plan on saving for her hope chest—or whatever girls use in ten years. (Make your own if you don’t have child labor available!) Until then, they add the perfect Country touch to this part of the kitchen.
In a few weeks: phase two!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 14, 2018 11:23 PM - More info
Jewell Martin

• Jennifer

Looks great and so easy to do! Can't wait to see phase 2!

• Jewell Martin

Thanks for your encouragement, Jennifer! I’m trying to find the last few pieces to finish the project. Just getting your reply gave me the idea to turn the chalkboard sideways, buying me more space! On to phase two. ☺️

• Itsmemic

You can buy a large piece of foam board at the Dollar Tree that would be much sturdier, good idea !

• Jewell Martin

I love foam board, but I didn’t have any on hand. And I had that adhesive paper that was marketed as a message board. But thanks for the reminder. I need three sheets right now! ☺️