Pottery Barn Inspired Americana Pillow

$2.00

Today I’m sharing my Pottery Barn Inspired Americana Pillow with you. I’ve always been a big Pottery Barn Fan so when I saw their American Flag Patchwork Pillow for $39.50 I knew I could knock it off for less. Here's how I made this for $2.
If you know me than you know I LOVE holidays by now and I love to change my décor and pillows for them.
I found a pillow sham for $2 and I had some red star fabric so this pillow cost me $2 to make.
I love to go Thrift Shopping and you can find great fabrics and things for your home.
I cut the Blue & White Stripe Fabric 12″ x 12″ and the red stars 6.5″ x 4″
For the back, I cheated a little by using the back of the pillow sham because I love the little ties on the red n white dots. You can just cut a square in your favorite fabric to make it easier.
Then I pinned my Red Stars patch in the center and began sewing. I sewed around the edges and criss crossed the center twice because I like the look of double stitches.
I wasn’t crazy about the pinking sheared edges so I cut them straight and then made lots of little snips so it has that frayed edge look.
I then pinned and sewed the right sides of the pillow cover together. Before I turned it inside out I cut the corners so that when I turn it my corners are nice.
I pressed it and then inserted my Pillow inside. Were you thinking this pillow looks familiar?? It’s the back of my Anthropologie Inspired Pillow and you can see it here.
So I’m liking my new Patriotic Americana Pillow!! It’s perfect timing for Memorial Day around the corner and 4th of July in the near distance huh? Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll