What to Do With a Funky Mobile Home Bedroom

The bedroom of our 1964 single wide mobile home presented a huge interior design challenge. The room is only 10' X 10" and has a built in vanity on one side and closets on the other; so, there is only one place to put the bed. The biggest challenge was the the long skinny window above the existing light fixtures where the headboard has to go.
I new I did not want blinds or drapes or anything that would collect dust and be difficult to clean. Here is what I came up with, after a month of experimenting.
I had three black frames that just happened to fit in the frame of the long skinny window. I wanted to carry the "Word" theme into this section of the room; so, I did some typography and printed out black and white's on my home printer. I had a ton of cheap bamboo place-mats to I cut them to fit inside the frame and placed the 8 1/2 X 10 prints on top of the bamboo mats. VOILA! I can even slide these back and forth and lift them out with ease for cleaning.
With the lights on!
I then placed our wedding picture in the center and some artsy closeups of our hands with our wedding rings on.
Below is a closeup of one of the black and white typography I designed.
I love how the bamboo placements add a warm glow and tie in with the sea grass baskets on either side of the nigh stands.

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Dianna Wood

• Sandy miller
    Sandy miller

A creative fix! Puzzling: You said you can slide the frames back and forth, so how do they stay upright secure enough to prevent them falling on your head as you sleep? Thanks.

• Dianna Wood
      Dianna Wood

They are help in by screws that are angled enough to allow them to move back and forth, but do not allow them to fall out. Hope that helps

• Tan12280087
    Tan12280087

Thanks for the great ideas!
  • Angie
    Angie

I love this idea! Very creative, I shook my head and said “ why didn’t I think of that”. I will use this idea in my husband’s hunting RV. I will use scripture and photos of my husband and the game he got. I will also add pictures of my kids and their game they killed. thank you again for sharing this idea! Oh, I love the bamboo photo mats. They look great with the baskets you have. I am also going to use the bamboo for my husbands Hunting RV pictures