Dining Room Updates

Some room updates come together quickly and others just take their own sweet time. I started working on our dining room almost 18 months ago and have just slowly been doing little projects as time allowed. I can now finally say that it is {almost!} finished.
Our dining room is pretty much located in the middle of our main floor with entrances to the front entry, kitchen, and great room. Most of the main floor is hardwood; however, the previous owners had put carpet in the dining room {which was originally pink}. Even though I would have preferred to have hardwood throughout, it was impossible to match the hardwood color, so we chose to stay with carpet. Eventually, when we replace the old hardwood, we will go with the same flooring throughout the entire main floor.
Here is a shot to give you an idea of what the room looked like before.
To start things off, I painted the buffet, hutch, and table with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite.
I had originally planned on painting the old chairs white but I found these chairs at Home Sense and was happy to save myself a painting project. :)
To brighten up the room, we painted the walls in Owl Grey by Benjamin Moore and painted the oak baseboards in Simply White {also Benjamin Moore}. I'm still looking for some window treatments to add a little more color into the room but the process is taking a lot longer than expected!
And finally I changed out the hardware on the buffet and hutch. I still have a few more little details that I want to add to the room to personalize it a bit more, but for now I will call it done!

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Jennifer Lifford