Alicia W
Alicia W
  • Middletown, PA

Refresh Your Bathroom By Doing This One Thing

$10

The grout in my laundry room has seen better days. I've tried many different methods of scrubbing the grout but I couldn't get it clean anymore so I decided to refresh it.

refresh grout for under 10

We use this room a lot. Not only as a laundry room but our dogs water and food dishes are in here and it's the entrance from our garage. When anyone uses this door, I cringe and what they must think when the see the floor.

refresh grout for under 10

As you can see, the grout is not white anymore and it really make the entire room look dirty.

refresh grout for under 10

On one of my daily trips to Lowe's :), I found this grout colorant. It's a paint for grout and exactly what I needed. It comes in a variety of colors. I chose bright white.

refresh grout for under 10

I began this project by taking everything out of the room then scrubbing the grout with baking soda and water. Once that was completed, I wiped everything clean with a mild soap and water.

refresh grout for under 10

Here is the floor once it was clean and dry. As you can see, some of the grout is sort-of white but not all of it.

refresh grout for under 10

I shook the grout colorant very well and then squeeze it directly onto the grout. A little goes a long way.

refresh grout for under 10

I used a small craft brush to paint the colorant onto the grout.

refresh grout for under 10

Using a wet cloth, I wiped away the excess colorant off of the title.

It's that simple. You just paint it on and wipe off the excess.

refresh grout for under 10

Here is the before (on the left) and the after (on the right). What a difference!

refresh grout for under 10

Now with the grout white again, the room looks so much cleaner and brighter and I don't have to worry about what people think.

Just an FYI - I freshened the grout in our main bathroom about 2 years ago. For the most part, the colorant wears very well and I haven't had to redo the floor yet.

• Iso32204158

Can it be used inside shower?

• Angiec Combs

How can I replace grout that breaks up from my tiles

• Jill Ron Pike

Chip out any loose cracking grout and vacuum thoroughly to remove any remaining grout particles. Clean the tiles well with warm soapy water, wipe down to remove dirt and dust, and let dry completely. Regrout those areas.

• Connie White

What a great idea! Do you think, after the scrubbing with baking soda, a rinse with H2O2 might brighten it a little more?

• Laura

Your videos are great! Inspiring and I thank you.

• Barbara

I will try this for sure. I had wonder how i could fix this . THANK YOU