Sharpie Mug Bird Feeder

$10

Make a super cute bird feeder using a white stoneware plate and mug from Dollar Tree. Decorate it with Sharpie Paint Markers to create your own design or let your kids decorate it with their own personal artwork. This project makes a great gift!

I have always loved looking at all the Sharpie Mugs online and all of their creative designs. I thought it would be fun to combine the sharpie mug with this bird feeder craft. I purchased the mug and plate at Dollar Tree to get me started. After researching adhesives, I decided to use this E6000 clear adhesive since it is temperature resistant and waterproof. I used the Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Markers to create the design on the mugs.

We made these bird feeders for my son's teachers. We created a design on the plate first. I decided to use the quote "It Takes a Big Heart to Teach Little Minds" and design the project around that quote. Once the plates and mugs were decorated, I used the E6000 Craft Adhesive to attach the mug to the plate. I placed a butter knife on each side to hold it in place.

The adhesive needs to set for at least 24 hours. After 24 hours I was ready to test out the bird feeders. I tied a piece of ribbon through the mug handle so it could be hung outside. Then I added some bird seed.

These bird feeders turned out super cute and were the perfect End of Year Gift for my son's teachers.

• White Stoneware Mug  (Dollar Tree)
  • White Stoneware Plate  (Dollar Tree)
  • Sharpie Oil-Based Markers  (Amazon)

Heather - Glitter On A Dime