Boho Wooden Bead Garland

$15

This project was inspired by all the wooden bead garland seen in the Instagram home decor pics. Obviously, I could have headed over to Target to purchase a few strands, but I chose to make my own and add a few painted beads for a colorful twist. I also wanted a garland that was a little more boho and less farmhouse, to match my decor style.

boho wooden bead garland

Supplies for Painted Bead Garland

Wooden beads (I used 3 bags in assorted sizes)

Twine

Paint (I used 3 colors)

Yarn

Tassel Maker (optional)

boho wooden bead garland

I decided how many beads I wanted painted and laid them on a piece of cardboard, grouped together. I spray painted a thin coat, let dry, then turned them over for another coat of spray.

boho wooden bead garland

Once the beads were dry, I threaded them on the piece of twine. Measure out the twine a little longer than you want your garland to be since you will tie off the ends. I started with a looped knot on the end to hold the beads on and also to have a place to tie on my tassels.

boho wooden bead garland

You can choose a pattern for your beads or just randomly place them (like I did) for an organic feel. I also made a few tassels to add to the ends and in the middle of the garland for extra boho style!

If you want to see how I made the tassels, head to the post on my blog:

Boho Painted Wood Bead Garland

boho wooden bead garland

The garland adds interest to any mantle or buffet. You can drape it, pile it up, or hang it like a pennant!

Mary from Real Girl's Realm