DIY Outdoor Wall Art

$50

Learn how to create gorgeous art for the exterior of your home - it's an easy project that will totally transform your patio. If you love this project, see more DIY ideas for the home on my blog, Love & Renovations.
Start by determining the size of your art and cut your plywood backing to size. You'll use 1X3 pine boards to create the design. I used an online program to plan my design (see the blog post for more details on that process), then simply followed the design I created.

Start by framing out the art with your pine boards. Do not attach anything at this point - simply clamp it into place while you work.
Begin cutting interior pieces. I created my design so that all of the boards would be cut at a 45-degree angle, so there were no complicated cuts. I tried to match my design, but had to make a few adjustments as I went. Do not attach anything at this point - you're just dry-fitting to make sure it all fits.
Once all of your pieces are cut and dry-fit, stain or paint them. You can check out the full blog post to see how I did a color-wash treatment on my pieces so that the wood grain would still show through.
Finally, you're ready to attach the pieces and hang your art! I used a combination of Gorilla Glue and brad nails to attach each of my pieces, then I used a french cleat to hang the entire thing on the side of our house.

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Love & Renovations

• Lau33518383

Beautiful, do you have anymore you’ve done?

• Francisco

In back yard it's private fence I want look better the only wood what you thing it's good?

• Jewellmartin

Yes, good idea. I’m thinking about a section of my backyard fence, facing inward. The fence is stained red on the outside, but I have a blank slate on the inside. The color washed treatment suits my skill set. But I would use a weather-resistant, clear polyurethane coat to protect the art. Post your interpretation on Facebook! Jewell

• Linda Abate

I love the wooden quilt patterns. They are an awesome way to show off your talents and can be as colorful and simple/difficult as one wants to make them. Great job.

• Donna Lear Lambro

Very beautiful. Looks great, I love the quilt pattern!