Alfresco Tablescape With Sherbet Colors

$50

Summer is the time for being outdoors. Walking outdoors, playing outdoors, and eating outdoors. So I’m excited to share this alfresco tablescape. I haven’t yet planned my menu, other than ice cream, that is. For some reason I’ve been craving frozen scoops of the good stuff. In fact, I decided to use a sherbet color palette for my table. Raspberry pink, creamsicle orange, and pastel mint.
alfresco tablescape with sherbet colors
I’m also slightly obsessed with drop cloths right now, so I transformed a canvas drop cloth into a festive tablecloth by painting diamond shapes onto it. In yummy sherbet colors, of course. I taped off the shapes with Frogtape and brought them to life with fabric paint. The random colorful diamonds added just the punch of color I wanted. Sherbet…diamonds…what’s there not to love?
alfresco tablescape with sherbet colors
The rest was easy. A quick stop by the grocery store for flowers (sometimes supermarket flowers are the best.)
alfresco tablescape with sherbet colors
I used my favorite vase with a cement base (thank you Target) and paired it with spray painted soup cans (from my Moroccan  rooftop dinner.)
alfresco tablescape with sherbet colors
alfresco tablescape with sherbet colors
And that’s my formula for a whimsical alfresco tablescape. Fresh flowers (because they make me happy) + same white dishes I use for every dinner party (because I’m frugal and hate changing out of my sweat pants to go shopping) + a stenciled drop cloth table covering (because I never turn down diamonds.)
alfresco tablescape with sherbet colors
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 10, 2018 10:05 AM - More info
Wendy at myfrenchtwist.com