Anthropologie Knockoff Shelf

$15

Saw a 3-tier shelf on the Anthropologie website that I thought would work in our bathroom. But - the price tag of $198 seemed a bit steep for me. I made my version in about an hour (not including paint dry time) and for $15. It would be more if you have to buy the wood for the shelves, but I just used scrap...
Here's the original screenshot of the shelf I like.
Here's my pile of supplies... cafe curtain rod, dowel, wall anchors, pint sample of paint, rope, & double-pointed tacks. Wood from our scrap pile cut to 3 lengths of 24, 12, & 6 inches.
I started with painting the wood & curtain rod holders. Because the wood was scrap, it had other paint spills & weird marks on it I didn't feel like sanding off. The rod holders were a bright brass to start. We had the paint matched to the dowel color - think we came pretty close.
Here's my "before" picture of where the shelf is going. Pretty cluttered & my daughter calls the metal shelf "sketchy" as it likes to move a lot...
Used a level to mark the wall for the rod holders...
Put wall anchors in - they're the screw-in type.
Put up the dowel - the rod holder is the kind that screws in to hold the rod. Stronger is better in my mind.
Measured the rope. I wanted the shelves to hang down from the dowel as far as they are long. So, as this shelf is 24", the rope needed to be 6 times that. Instead of doing math, I just held the rope across the length 6 times & cut it. This pic is showing where I wanted to put the first tack. 1 inch away from center, 1 tape measure width from the edge. I figured this could easily translate to each shelf.
Held on to the staples with needle-nose pliers so I didn't hit my fingers with the hammer.
Here's the bottom of the shelf once the rope is on.
Hung the first shelf, made sure it's level... then repeated the process for each shelf.
2 shelves up & loaded - I love this look!
Final look - all 3 shelves complete!

30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!

• Connie Forte
    Connie Forte

Hello ma'am but I was wondering if you could use chain instead of rope for this project? I love it. You did a fantastic job on it.

• Lee Rakoskie
      Lee Rakoskie

My comment was not a critique of your use of rope it was to encourage Jewell for using what works for her. If I did this for my kitchen I would use copper tubing since my accents are copper. Please do not assume every comment is rude.