Patriotic Painted Glass Bottles

These patriotic painted glass bottles are an easy, low-cost way to add some red, white, and blue to your Fourth of July table! Made from old juice and tea jars, all you need are a few supplies and a few minutes of your time.
To start, wash out the jars you plan to repurpose, and remove labels and any residual stickiness. (Did you know? Peanut butter removes the stickiness left behind after removing labels!)
Place jar over a long dowel, rod, or stick, and spray paint using light coats that begin and end beyond the bottle. I used Krylon ColorMaster and Krylon Indoor/Outdoor spray paints for my glass jars and they worked great. I found after my first attempt that the trick is to do the sneak attack. Don't begin spray painting with the nozzle pointed directly at the bottle. Instead, start spraying like you're spraying to the left or right of the bottle and then spray the bottle, going all the way and across and beyond it with each swipe of your spray paint.
To dry, I transferred my bottles to a shorter stick (long lollipop sticks work great for this) and stuck the bottles upright, poked into a foam rectangle. I let them dry overnight before I decorated them.
Once the bottles were dry, I used double-stick tape to adorn them with patriotic ribbon. Not only is this a quick and easy embellishment, it can also be removed without damaging your pretty painted jars (just make sure you secure both sides of tape to ribbon - not glass) so you can reuse the jars for other events in the future.
DIY 4th of July vase made from a glass tea jar.

27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
All Things G&D

• Steph knepper
    Steph knepper

Wonderful idea-for every holiday-or for a gift at everyone's plate at a wedding or baby shower! Ideas are endless. Thx!

• Annabelle
    Annabelle

Great idea. I will try this

Annabelle