Simply Swider- Stephanie
Simply Swider- Stephanie
  • Virginia Beach, VA

A New Upcycle Idea for Old Windows!

$10

Our backyard was pretty bland with no gardens and an old shed. We have big plans to gut the space and put in a pool, so we don't want to waste any time or money on permanent gardens or structures to spruce it up. I had some old windows laying around from our kitchen remodel, so I decided to turn them into faux windows with window boxes to brighten up the shed. Needless to say they are perfect!
a new upcycle idea for old windows, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling, windows
We turned some old windows into faux windows for our shed and added some beautiful windows boxes.
Before: The dismal view from our porch. P.S. I really hate the concrete, but one step at a time.
After: A much brighter and friendlier view from the porch! I love that these are temporary as well, so when we finally get around to the big landscape remodel they can be easily moved to another spot.
We built the flower boxes out of cedar and attached them to the bottom of the windows with screws.
We hung the windows using chain and hooks screwed into the shed overhang.
Finally, I filled the boxes with lush and brightly colored flowers.
Simply Swider- Stephanie

• Mary

I have some old windows from my remodel. That's a great idea. I have some pallets I could use as the planter. Thanks for the idea.

• Louella Holroyd

fyi, Sherwin Williams has a concrete stain and stencils so your concrete patio could look amazing for probably under $100.