How to Stencil a Kids Table

$25

Kids tables can be one of the most heavily used pieces of furniture in the house! After 5 years of scribbles and marks, our table needed a little update, so I used a unicorn stencil and multi-surface craft paint to create a magical table that my daughters' loved. I paired with a rainbow stenciled cork board to make them a special new creative space. You can find lots more colorful home decor projects on my
how to stencil a kids table
What little girl wouldn't love this! You can of course use any stencil you want, it doesn't have to be unicorns. I do love how they repeat around the edge of the table in different colors. I highly recommend getting adhesive stencils as they stay in place easily as you paint. These are from Martha Stewart.
how to stencil a kids table
Here is the new table paired with a basic cork board that I painted white and stenciled with rainbows. Such a fun combo to make a simple workspace!
how to stencil a kids table
Supplies:
  • Wood kids table
  • Martha Stewart adhesive stencils
  • Martha Stewart multi-surface acrylic craft paint
  • Small brushes or foam brushes
  • Cork board (optional)
how to stencil a kids table
Step 1: Here is what the table looked like before a fresh coat of white paint. Lots of creative love over the years! Start by cleaning the surface good and letting it dry.
how to stencil a kids table
Step 2: I added several coats of white acrylic paint with a foam brush, letting it dry fully in between coats.
how to stencil a kids table
Step 3: I always like to use a pencil to trace my stencils first. This helps make sure my placement is ok before I start painting.
how to stencil a kids table
Step 4: Make sure the adhesive stencil is pressed flush to the surface so paint doesn't seep underneath. Apply a small amount of paint with a foam brush. Let dry and add a second coat before removing the stencil. Clean any excess paint off the back of the stencil before placing it in the next spot.
how to stencil a kids table
Want to see more photos and learn how to make this sweet rainbow corkboard? Head to my blog tutorial for all the details!

• Martha Stewart Acrylic Craft Paint  (Michaels)
  • Martha Stewart Adhesive Stencils  (Michaels)
Design Improvised | Haeley Giambalvo