Vinegar Hacks

$3

I don't like to use harmful chemicals in my home. Vinegar can be a great biodegradable and green alternative. The acidity in the vinegar is what is doing the work while you are cleaning and cuts through grease, soap scum, mineral deposits, etc.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Mutipurpose Cleaner -

Mix together in a ratio of 1:1 vinegar and water. You can use straight vinegar and skip the water for a stronger cleaner. If you do not like the smell of vinegar you can soak citrus peels in the vinegar for a few weeks, strain it out, and the vinegar will have absorbed the citrus scent. You can also add some drops of essential oil as well.

Use the multipurpose cleaner to clean your counters (not safe on granite or marble counters), & tile and grout back splashes, showers, bathtubs, & sinks.

Use it to clean the shelves in your refrigerator and freezer.

Clean Your Microwave -

Pour 1 cup vinegar & 1 cup water in a bowl. Add 2 TBSP lemon juice. The acidity again is the cleaning agent in this mixture. Place the bowl in the microwave cook for approximately 7-10 minutes (depends on strength of microwave).

Clean Your Dishwasher -

Place a cup full of vinegar in a cup on your top rack and run the dishwasher. It'll clean the soap scum and other junk out of it.

Spray Your Fruits & Vegetables -

Spray your fruits and vegetables to clean them, and rinse with water before eating.

Clean Your Garbage Disposal -

Freeze vinegar in ice cube trays. Place the ice cubes in your garbage disposal, run water and your disposal.

Odor Remover -

Spray some in smelly shoes, bags, or as an air freshener to remove odors.

Clean Your Shower Curtain -

Place your shower curtain in your washing machine, and add 1 cup vinegar. Set your washer to large load, warm, and hand wash cycle. The vinegar will remove any soap scum and mold build up.

Clean your Tile Floors -

Mix a ratio of 1:10 vinegar and water (1 being the vinegar). Use a deck brush to lightly scrub the mixture onto the floor.

After scrubbing, mop with a warm water rinse.

Soften Your Towels -

Wash your towels with 1 cup of vinegar, it'll soften your towels.

Re-usable vinegar wipes & dryer sheets -

Place some washcloths in a container and pour vinegar over the cloths - you can dilute with water as you made the multipurpose cleaner from above if you like. Use to wipe up surfaces, launder, and use again. You can also throw these in the dryer to soften clothes.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Crumly

If you make the vinegar washcloths and throw one in your dryer clothes don’t the clothes smell like vinegar? I do dump some in my washer to soften my clothes.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

If you do it that way that's great. They shouldn't smell like vinegar if you only use 1 and it's not totally saturated.

• Joan

I would think that using straight vinegar or even vinegar & water would leave a somewhat sticky residue on floors, countertops, etc. Apparently you have not found that to be true?

• Patty

Are you using detergent with the vinegar when washing the shower curtain?