Dollar Store Christmas Tree Decorating

$35

As we all know, decor trends are always changing. It's hard to keep up. Are you itching for a new holiday style, but worried about budget? You can create a whole new look for your Christmas tree using Dollar Store items for A LOT less than you would expect!

Check out our video tutorial. We show you how to deck out your tree, top to bottom, and make it beautiful!

dollar store christmas tree decorating

Well, obviously the first step is a quick trip to your local dollar store! Shopping? Yeah, I'm in. Pick up some ornaments (large and small), ribbon, picks, etc.

dollar store christmas tree decorating

Create a tree skirt from a blanket or fabric you have. Luckily, I had one that matched my color scheme perfectly.

dollar store christmas tree decorating

Start with the tree topper and then add the ribbon. Watch the video for tips and tricks for placing your ribbon.

dollar store christmas tree decorating

Once the ribbon is done, add in your stems and picks, then nestle largest ornaments in the tree.

dollar store christmas tree decorating

Now, fill in the tree with the smaller ornaments. Like a fuller look? Pick up extra ornaments to fill in those gaps.

dollar store christmas tree decorating

We can't believe how pretty the tree turned out! Check out the video for the full shot. We hope you enjoy creating a new look for your Christmas tree this year!

Remodelaholic

• Ticia

not really except I do agree with others about the 'special' hand made ornaments; last year I did a silver theme with reindeer as well as ornaments etc. not only on the tree but the mantle as well. Loved your prior red and gold tree and may go that route this year with my Santas taking the spotlight. Since I have so much stuff from over the years, nowI try to do a different theme each year so that all my items get their display turn. In retirement there's no one but me to appreciate it so rather than put everything out everywhere, I try to keep it one themed. This way if I should croak, my DH can just give or sell everything else which is still in their own little storage units. Good job. Ticia

• Pamela

My handmade ornaments, were dozens of plain white ceramic candles, just the flame was painted, I made a peace dove with an olive branch, out of felt for the top. I hang pine cones , and ceramic birds . Also from an antique store I bought a bag of crystals from old chandeliers that I hang , along with candy canes and star shaped cookies.