Marlene
Marlene
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Canada

Easy Ways to Dress Up Plain Christmas Stockings

$3

You can buy Christmas stockings in all different styles, but if you'd rather save your money for things to put into your family's stockings, you might want to try these easy ways to dress up plain plush stockings from a dollar store.

easy ways to dress up plain christmas stockings

The plush stocking on the left is from Dollar Tree. It's slightly smaller, with a smaller cuff than the one I got at Dollarama, but they are both good buys and great for decorating.

I used some wooden accents, large confetti and a 3D poinsetta as accents, but you can use whatever you may have on hand and your own imagination to create unique Christmas stockings for your family.

For this stocking, I used some large silver confetti that I had on hand. Use clear-drying craft glue to secure accents like these to the stocking.

For this stocking, I simply spaced some wooden accents at intervals down the middle of the stocking and glued them in place.

For a more subdued look, simply glue an accent to the left-hand side of the cuff. Here, I've used a 3D felt poinsettia. You will want to make sure that whatever you use, stands out in contrast to the white or red background.

These ideas take no time at all to do and make totally unique Christmas stockings to hang by the fireplace with care.

For more ideas like this, visit the link below.

To see more: http://www.dollarstorestyle.com/slickstockings.html