Glamorous Oyster Shell Ornament in 15 Mins

$1

Oysters are one of those foods you either love or hate! Personally, I love them. I had a few oyster shells leftover from a diner party and I decided to make a couple of Christmas ornaments out of them. This isn't my first shell craft, I had used scallop shells to make cute Christmas gift trinket dishes in the past.

If you don't like oysters you can always ask your local fishmonger or restaurant to keep you a couple of shells. Or if your lucky enough to live by the sea comb the beach.

glamorous oyster shell ornament in 15 mins

The first thing you will need to do is to drill a small hole into the top of the shell. A small rotary drill should do it, with either a stone or diamond drill bit.

Next, spray paint the outside of the oyster shells with a good metallic gold spray paint (see here).

Next, get some gold jewelry thread wire and wire an assortment of colourful beads into a string. I use beads from old bits of jewelry.

Thread this string of beads onto the oyster shell using the drilled hole.

No oyster shell is complete without a pearl. I glued a white felt ball as pearl onto the inside of the shell.

Finally, to finish off I added a red satin cord from which to hang the ornament.

Claire at Pillarboxblue