DIY No Sew Roman Shade (With 5 Minute Step by Step Video)

I had been seeing these fun no sew roman shades around for a long time, and I finally made some! In fact, I made 6. I LOVE this project, and the results are so beautiful. It may take you an hour to make the first one, but you will be knocking them out left and right after you get the hang of it. Pick out your favorite fabric and get ready to turn those funky old mini blinds into gorgeous Roman Shades!
The first thing you will do for this project is measure your blinds and window space. Once you have that measurement, cut your fabric to be an inch longer on all sides. This is so you can fold it and create a seam, and then iron in the stitch witch.
After you have the fabric cut and ready, it's time to cut your blinds. This could be scary, but with pictures and my video you will know exactly which cords to cut, and which ones to keep.
When you have your blinds cut and ready, it's time to lay out the fabric and attach it to the blinds to create your shade.
Head over to watch the video and see how I finished up this project.

15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Jennifer West

• Joy Guidry Kreller
    Joy Guidry Kreller

can this be done with mini blinds on a picture window?

• CreativeInADDition
      CreativeInADDition

Mini blinds, yes. I just saw another tutorial on here. It was for a bathroom shade and she used cordless blinds. I was looking to see if it could be done successfully with the cord that raises the blinds. As per this pretty post, it appears it can be done with corded or cordless blinds and mini or wide slat!

I don't see any reason why a picture window would stop you either!

• Debra Robertson
    Debra Robertson

Where is the video?!!

• Sew-sew
    Sew-sew

Why cut all the ladder pieces? Just cut at tge top and remove the whole bunch of slats at once. You didn't cover how you re attached the pull cords???

• Rachael
      Rachael

I don't think you're supposed to cut the cords, just the slats.

• Janet
    Janet

No video

• M
    M

Here's the video: https://www.pinkwhen.com/simple-no-sew-roman-shades/

I like the process, and could go a step further. I think I will experiment and use Velcro to attach the fabric to the blinds so that I could take off and wash easily as windows get dusty quickly. Also flies can leave their little "specs" on the material. And since I intend to wash them frequently... I would "finish" the seams and sew them. I'm sure they won't lay as flat as these do... but maybe they will be okay.