Creating Matching End Tables

$50

Not all pieces need be matching but they sure can be coordinating, take these 2 non matching french provincial pieces and see how they become a set.

creating matching end tables

Both french provincial tables are well made and solid wood, my first criteria to refinishing them. Although one is light stained and the other dark stained they will be coordinating soon.

creating matching end tables

after a good scrub to clean every surface inside and out, Fusion mineral paint ultra grip was rolled on and left to dry over night. Then FMP ash was rolled onto both tops in two coats.

The bases were painted Fusion mineral paint little lamb, a soft grey. Again 2 coats were applied.

creating matching end tables

Once all was dry, Homestead House ebony stain and oil finish was wiped on the top for added durability and a rustic finish. The base was distressed and Fusion's black wax added. The original hardware was cleaned up and put back on and these two beauties were ready for many new adventures.

creating matching end tables

Although they are not matching they are now a beautiful set perfect to add charm and function to a new home with a vintage twist.

Check out the detailed blog post for in depth details and be sure to subscribe to have all my projects delivered to your mailbox :)

Creative Moments

• Jill Ron Pike

I love your colors, but it seems you have some experience in color coordination. Any ideas for painting them for a bit more "country" vibe? I have no gray in my home, mostly browns, pale yellow, and maroon accents.

• Carol Cole

I love them especially the color.

Do you know if I can use some kind of paint to cover up scratches without sanding first, I hate sanding?

• Creative Moments

no, all scratches will show thru paint, you can wood fill or sand before painting to not have them show

• Nancy Peterson
    3 hours ago

Can I buy these