Faux Hand Carved Wood Headboard

$44

I found a beautiful hand carved wood headboard, but the price tag was too much for my budget. I decide to make my own faux hand carved wood headboard.

But first, let's take a look at the inspiration for the project.

Photo found on Etsy

I found a mandala stencil that I loved and decided to make my faux headboard out of floor underlayment. I cut down to the width of our bed.

I gave the wood a couple coats of White Dove paint from Benjamin Moore.

I used the wall color that the headboard would be attached to for the paint color used on the stencil. I started out by find the middle of the board and selected the biggest stencil.

Each time I picked up the stencil I made sure to wipe off the back so no paint would transfer to the board on accident. I also used painters tape to hold the stencil down. This made it easy to remove and not damage the paint on the board.

Once the center mandala stencil was done, I moved to the next size down and continued the pattern until the board was filled. I mounted the board to the wall using my brad nail gun.

I added trim pieces to give more of the headboard look.

While this is more of a functioning piece of art than a true headboard, it definitely gives more of the look of a hand carved wood headboard without the price tag.

To get the full tutorial, check out my blog post.

https://www.cribbsstyle.com/faux-hand-carved-wood-inspired-headboard/

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style

• Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner

Great job! Question: what color/brand of paint is on the wall? I LOVE what I call "non-colors" and yours falls into that category lol! It's a lovely blue but not in your face blue, a rich saturated color that changes with the lighting. Lovely job and decor 😎

• Renata
    Renata

Very nice job but thought it was supposed to be cut out? Do I not see it?

• Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style
      Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style

It’s just the look of cut out, which is why it says faux. By using the same wall color for the stencil color it gives the illusion that it’s cut out. I hope that helps better explain.

• Venita murphy
    Venita murphy

It is beautiful and everyone I have shown it to feels the same way, I also would like to know the color of the wall and if it is the same color that you used on the stencil?? ... Thank you

• Venita murphy
      Venita murphy

Well thank you so much for responding I think it is just stunning you are very talented,