CribbsStyle
CribbsStyle
  • Mount Pleasant, SC

Faux Hand Carved Wood Headboard

$44

I found a beautiful hand carved wood headboard, but the price tag was too much for my budget. I decide to make my own faux hand carved wood headboard.

faux hand carved wood headboard

But first, let's take a look at the inspiration for the project.

Photo found on Etsy
Photo found on Etsy

I found a mandala stencil that I loved and decided to make my faux headboard out of floor underlayment. I cut down to the width of our bed.

faux hand carved wood headboard

I gave the wood a couple coats of White Dove paint from Benjamin Moore.

faux hand carved wood headboard

I used the wall color that the headboard would be attached to for the paint color used on the stencil. I started out by find the middle of the board and selected the biggest stencil.

faux hand carved wood headboard

Each time I picked up the stencil I made sure to wipe off the back so no paint would transfer to the board on accident. I also used painters tape to hold the stencil down. This made it easy to remove and not damage the paint on the board.

faux hand carved wood headboard

Once the center mandala stencil was done, I moved to the next size down and continued the pattern until the board was filled. I mounted the board to the wall using my brad nail gun.

faux hand carved wood headboard

I added trim pieces to give more of the headboard look.

faux hand carved wood headboard

While this is more of a functioning piece of art than a true headboard, it definitely gives more of the look of a hand carved wood headboard without the price tag.

To get the full tutorial, check out my blog post.

https://www.cribbsstyle.com/faux-hand-carved-wood-inspired-headboard/

CribbsStyle

• Annie de Vona

What is that jeep that you have attached to your Skil saw? And where did you get it?

• CribbsStyle

The jig is a Kreg Rip cut jig. It helps you cut a straight line without a table saw. It was $30 at Lowe’s.

• Susan

How did you attach it to the wall?

• Enolac
    An hour ago

Where did you get the large stencil? I have searched several places and cam only find small ones.