Pretty Pink Mirror Make-Over

$10

I was looking for a new mirror for my pink theme bedroom and just happen to see this interesting shaped molded framed one in a charity shop and just had to rescue it for a makeover!

Pretty Pink Mirror Make Over

To start the transformation a quick clean with damp cloth then I started by just masking taping the inside of frame so as to not get paint on glass.

Masking tape around frame

I chose Rust-Oleum Chalky furniture paint in Dusky Pink and carefully painted all the plastic frame using a small paintbrush with angled bristles.

Paint with Rust-Oleum Dusky pink chalky paint

Be sure to get it into the crevices and inside all the frame where it joins glass. I did two coats to get a depth of color and ensure good coverage.

Once it's dry then comes the fun mosaic decorating part!

Glue Mosaic tiles on frame

I chose a mix of colored Vitreous glass mosaic tiles from Mosaic Heaven in a size that fitted this mirror edge which was 15 mm with no need to cut. You could use smaller or bigger tiles to fit your own project. Some I decorated here with are sparkly metallic finish to add some texture and little bit of glamour!

I used Uni bond PVA glue to fix making sure to leave even gaps between tiles. No need to grout.

Paint edge in Rust-Oleum blue silk

Leave to dry and hang up on wall.

Who's a pretty mirror now!

Pretty Pink Mirror Make-Over

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Wandamurline
    Wandamurline

Great job....looks like it ended up in your dining room instead of the bedroom?

• Susan Goode
      Susan Goode

Thanks and well spotted! has s in fact ended up in a bedroom that has dining/creative workspace in.

• Diane
    Diane

I really want to do this n actually the frustrated crafter that is me might be able to pull it off! Are the mosaics on the mirror glass or mirror frame??

• Jewellmartin
      Jewellmartin

I can see in one photo that the tiles are glued to the frame, on the top wide level. I think they could be glued to the mirror if you can tape it smoothly. I can see decorative jewels on that frame, too.

• Sandra L Warren
    Sandra L Warren

Looks great, one question though. What is with the Jelly jar you are holding up in the mirror?

• Susan Goode
    Susan Goode

Thanks so much. I love that you’re inspired

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

This mirror update is beautiful and cute at the same time; I love that it's pink ~ adds such a nice, whimsical touch to the space.

Thank you for sharing and inspiring!