Pretty Pink Mirror Make-Over

$10

I was looking for a new mirror for my pink theme bedroom and just happen to see this interesting shaped molded framed one in a charity shop and just had to rescue it for a makeover!

Pretty Pink Mirror Make Over
Pretty Pink Mirror Make Over

To start the transformation a quick clean with damp cloth then I started by just masking taping the inside of frame so as to not get paint on glass.

Masking tape around frame
Masking tape around frame

I chose Rust-Oleum Chalky furniture paint in Dusky Pink and carefully painted all the plastic frame using a small paintbrush with angled bristles.

Paint with Rust-Oleum Dusky pink chalky paint

Be sure to get it into the crevices and inside all the frame where it joins glass. I did two coats to get a depth of color and ensure good coverage.

Once it's dry then comes the fun mosaic decorating part!

Glue Mosaic tiles on frame
Glue Mosaic tiles on frame

I chose a mix of colored Vitreous glass mosaic tiles from Mosaic Heaven in a size that fitted this mirror edge which was 15 mm with no need to cut. You could use smaller or bigger tiles to fit your own project. Some I decorated here with are sparkly metallic finish to add some texture and little bit of glamour!

I used Uni bond PVA glue to fix making sure to leave even gaps between tiles. No need to grout.

Paint edge in Rust-Oleum blue silk
Paint edge in Rust-Oleum blue silk

Leave to dry and hang up on wall.

Who's a pretty mirror now!

Pretty Pink Mirror Make-Over
Pretty Pink Mirror Make-Over

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Wandamurline

Great job....looks like it ended up in your dining room instead of the bedroom?

• Susan Goode

Thanks and well spotted! has s in fact ended up in a bedroom that has dining/creative workspace in.

• Diane

I really want to do this n actually the frustrated crafter that is me might be able to pull it off! Are the mosaics on the mirror glass or mirror frame??

• Susan Goode

yes and I realise that the loose tiles I'm working with on the mirror glass may possibly be mistaken for a random design on the glass!

• River

This looks amazing, you did a wonderful job! I love the lamp, especially the lamp shade I can see in the reflection of your mirror too! Great job on the mirror, thank you so much for sharing!

• Susan Goode

Thanks and I love to share my creativity and the lamp is on my upload projects too . I seem to have a pink theme going on!

• Debbie

Love the color. Great job