Porch Bunny

9 materials
$10

When you think of Easter, you think of bunnies! I made these adorable bunnies from wood fence boards. It was pretty easy and I'm excited to set them out for Easter! Here's how I made them-

They essentially are made from two fence boards, and are perfectly symmetrical. It's easy to make the shape, you just cut out one half on one board, and then the other half on another.

First draw half a bunny on one board. I used a round bucket to make the semi circle for the face.

Then I drew the ear out at the top of the board.

I then laid the board that I drew on over a second board and clamped them together.

Using a jig I cut out the wood along my drawn lines. I killed two birds with one stone and cut both boards out at once!

While they were still clamped, I sanded them down and smoothed the lines.

Then I took them apart and sanded both sides on the edges.

An when laid next to each other, you have a bunny!

I made 3 cross bars for the back and attached with my nail gun one at the bottom, the neck, and a small one at the ears.

Now its ready to paint!

I first randomly painted it a dark brown, to give it a worn look.

Then I dry brushed a white over the whole thing. I added some fun details like a ribbon for the neck, some pink paint for the ears and cheeks, and added eyes and a nose. I also stapled some pipe cleaners to the back of the nose as whiskers!

This bunny will cost you about $10 and an hour 1/2 of your time. It is easy and super cute for this Easter! Happy Easter to all!

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 43 comments
Next