Porch Bunny

$10

When you think of Easter, you think of bunnies! I made these adorable bunnies from wood fence boards. It was pretty easy and I'm excited to set them out for Easter! Here's how I made them-

They essentially are made from two fence boards, and are perfectly symmetrical. It's easy to make the shape, you just cut out one half on one board, and then the other half on another.

First draw half a bunny on one board. I used a round bucket to make the semi circle for the face.

Then I drew the ear out at the top of the board.

I then laid the board that I drew on over a second board and clamped them together.

Using a jig I cut out the wood along my drawn lines. I killed two birds with one stone and cut both boards out at once!

While they were still clamped, I sanded them down and smoothed the lines.

Then I took them apart and sanded both sides on the edges.

An when laid next to each other, you have a bunny!

I made 3 cross bars for the back and attached with my nail gun one at the bottom, the neck, and a small one at the ears.

Now its ready to paint!

I first randomly painted it a dark brown, to give it a worn look.

Then I dry brushed a white over the whole thing. I added some fun details like a ribbon for the neck, some pink paint for the ears and cheeks, and added eyes and a nose. I also stapled some pipe cleaners to the back of the nose as whiskers!

This bunny will cost you about $10 and an hour 1/2 of your time. It is easy and super cute for this Easter! Happy Easter to all!

• Taylor

When you did the brown, did you mainly do just the perimeter or whole bunny?

• Shelly L Nemeth

I just did random to help age the boards also on all the edges to give a finished look

• Doris

I have never heard of “dry brushing”

How do u do that? Darling idea and so easy. Thanks, Doris Turner

• Shelly L Nemeth

Take a brush and dip in your paint and wipe it of so that the brush is more dry and then wipe over the top lightly it will not have full coverage and that is what you want

• She40987236

How did you make the nose and what material did you use for it??